Rubber stamp reflection

As a simple way to express what you are thinking and feeling, use theological words that you have cut out of eraser and/or wine corks and "rubber stamp" these words onto a journal page that you have previously painted a background wash with watercolor. In-between the stamped words you can write about the people, places, and experiences that the rubber stamped words relate to.
As part of a Celebrate Recovery activity, I asked everyone to choose words that reflect where they are in their journey on the 12-step program in dealing with their hurts, habits, and hang-ups. The words could be an area they were working on in the future or something that reflected a triumph from a step they had completed. The words also could reflect a prayer. Worship music videos were playing in surround sound during the 10-12-minute period of listening, prayer, and theological reflection interacting with the journal page. In the sample here, I used pages I had previously painted with three layers of watercolor and then splattered with bits of the same colors using a toothbrush to "spray" the paint. I was reflecting on my desire to be a holy and grace-filled presence through my actions (and inactions) and response (and non-response) in my Celebrate Recovery journey for step #6 (We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. "Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will lift you up." James 4:10). Then I filled in the areas around the stamped words "GRACE" and "HOLY" with specific ways I am willing to humble myself before the Lord and allow God to remove particular defects of character. I realized after journaling around the original stamped words that the benefit would bring peace, so I added PEACE in the shape of a cross in the center of the page.