Earth Day


 Earth Day is the theme of this reflection on what it means to be caregivers over all the earth (Gen 1:28). I painted the background with various shades of blue and green acrylic glaze with a #12 round brush. To give the background a feeling of the cosmos I used circular motions and left the lower left corner as the center of the swirl. I alternated between blue and green permanent markers to write key like repurpose, recycle, natural, and homemade. Then I used a silver pencil to add specific suggestions to apply the themes, such as reduce food waste, use more available light, and consume less commercial goods. I used yellow to write specific people where I might have influence through teaching, such as teach children what it means to repurpose and teach teens what it means to unplug from electronic gadgets.