Colored Pencil Exercise

I like to read through art books in literally every type of media and then create an exercise to experiment with the media. I used colored pencils to add bits of color and to enhance a mixed media image, but I don't generally draw or "paint" images entirely with colored pencils. While I was a passenger during a long road trip I experimented with making an image using colored pencils. I used the photograph barely visible in this photo behind my journal as my referent guide. We had just completed the season of Advent/Christmas so I used an advent wreath as my subject and wrote words around the candles that reflected my recent experience. The point is not to be a "colored pencil artist," but to experiment with something new while reflecting on a particular aspect/experience of life.