Love is Joy


"Love is Joy" is a mixed media reflection on my love for my husband. I worked on this layered image in my travel art journal over several days while on vacation with my spouse in Mexico.

I prepared the background before we left on vacation. I didn't have any particular theme in mind. I was experimenting with usding different materials and colors so that the pages in my art journal would ultimately be very different from each other. The prep includes mauve acrylic glaze topped with stamping the edges with a large background stamp with pink ink. I brought a file folder of pretty papers in my travel art kit and cut heart shapes and glued with fluid matt medium.
Layers: music, a love poem, bubble wrap painted with mauve acrylic glaze.

Layers: heart shapes, Bible verse about love.
Layers: custom stamp made out of styrofoam and filled with acrylic.
 
Layers: a love letter to my husband written as "stacked journaling."
 
Layers: custom carved stamps made from wine corks.