Fabric Spray and Doilies

 When I flip through different "how-to" books on art and journaling I always find fund ideas to try. I find a blank page on my altered book journal and experiment away. Here I chose a page that had white gesso with exposed words. I positioned two doilies on the page and spritzed with several colors of fabric spray. Then I blotted up the excess paint with paper towels which added additional texture to the background. And then these pages sat, and sat, and sat. I never felt inspired to go back and do anything on top of the basic background prep. Part of the disconnect is the word I had left exposed: February. It is my birth month so it seemed obvious that I'd go back at some point and add some collage/thoughts here on the birthday theme. Nada. These mostly blank pages were the final ones left to fill before my 2013 art journal was completed. I switched themes from February to using it to jot down encouraging Bible verses that had been sent to me by ministry colleagues during December. Nothing fancy, but I had half an hour of thoughtful reflection transferring the emailed Bible verse to my journal plus then the book was done