In the Beginning: DINFOS July 5, 1978

I met my husband at the Defense Information School (DINFOS) at Ft. Benjamin Harrison in Indianapolis, IN July 5th 1978. He was fresh off a two-year tour on a US Coast Guard icebreaker and I was fresh out of US Navy boot camp. He was 22. I was 18. In preparation for our recent 35th wedding anniversary I went down "memory lane" with old photos and love letters. This page brings together photos, bits of letters, and memorabilia related to our first weeks together.

Integrating various photos with memorabilia is a wonderful way to remember...and in this case for me...to fall in love all over again.

Imprinting with bubble wrap and watercolors adds texture.
Simple stamp made from a wine cork.


The process of art journaling allows space to think, reflect, feel, express, and experience.