Chica Weeka

Select a random page in an altered book journal and gradually "subtract text" on one side of the page. Use a colored marker, white-out, or a colored pencil and gradually mark through the excess words as you "subtract" what doesn't relate to whatever mood or theme you are reflecting on. In the sample here, I was en route on vacation that I would spend with my sister-in-law and daughter-in-law for what we were calling "Chica Weeka" in Mexico. Reconstruct the remaining words on the opposite of the page.
The background is several colors of liquid acrylic. I used a marker pen to eliminate text and (because I was in a hurry) I hand wrote the reconstructed prose on the right. The title was done with stenciled lettering. There's plenty of room to add embellishments around the text on both sides...as desired.